When i start my dell pa 12 up and it takes 10 mins to load to windows XP, , when the windows loading screen comes up the FANS go crazy. I then wait till i’m at the desktop at which point i immediately shut down the pa 12(which takes a further 7 mins) while the FANs are going crazy.
Now if i start the pa 12 again it works normally.
I had to do this procedure everyday, untill today when i switched the pa 12 on, waited till the desktop appaered and i removed the battery while the pa 12 was on..
Now when i switch the pa 12 on it powers up but i’m not getting anything on the screen
First try a different AC adapter (such as :pa 10 ac adapter)
If no change then the issue is the motherboard. Often the AC adapter will fail then the battery discharges and you get the symptoms you describe.
SO AC adapter then MB
It shows no power on your laptop but it shows you the dvd player led comes on then off. I would suggest try the following:
1. Remove laptop battery, optical drive, hard drive and ram. Remove external peripherals as well.
2. Make sure AC Adapter is not yet connected to the laptop. Press and hold on the laptop’s power button for 10 seconds to drain the power flea.
3. Connect the AC Adapter to a known good power outlet, check AC Adapter power LED if it is on. Try to sense if AC Adapter is not making a bit of noise when it is plugin to the wall power outlet.
4. Connect now the AC Adapter (hp dv6000 ac adapter)to the laptop. Check if AC Adapter LED stays on when it is connected to the laptop. If the LED stays on means the AC Adapter is fine. If the AC Adapter LED turned off check the AC Adapter pin that goes to the laptop AC socket if it is loose.
5. If AC Adapter stays on after connecting to the laptop try to power on laptop. If no power LED comes on then this is motherboard problem.
6. Before replacing the motherboard there is one checking needs to do. If you can open your laptop bottom part then good, do this when laptop is not connected to any power source. Try to reseat the laptop CMOS battery then try to power on laptop after, if still fails then replace motherboard. I hope this helps.